Saturday, October 07, 2017

Movie Time!

So here's the thing; I'm still doing a lot of overtime, including weekends. So I've not had the time to watch/read much worth talking about here and even if I had...I'm tired.

But darn it! I'm going to keep trying to put something in this space every week, so if you want you can watch a movie I made while playing around with The Movies PC game several years ago....





THE DEAD LIVE AGAIN is a zombie movie I threw together while trying out The Movies from Lionhead Studios. The main thrust of the game was a business simulation where you ran a movie studio, starting with the dawn of the movie-making age up to the then-current 2000s. You built your lot, hired actors and crew, managed the talent (sending them to rehab if needed and to get plastic surgery as they aged, that sort of thing) and tried to make a profit.

I didn't care for that part at all.

But it also had a sandbox mode, where you could create your 'actors', costume them, plug them into scenes on the various sets, edit it together and have your own little "film." Some people with way more time and talent that I have got pretty involved with their projects, especially after the Stunts & Effects expansion came out. You could even voice your dialog and add that to your cinematic opus. Some folks are still out there to this day, creating new sets and props and costumes and the like.

I never got that far into it, but here's a completed project I did back in the day. It's a 50s set b-movie zombie picture called....

THE DEAD LIVE AGAIN, PART 1



THE DEAD LIVE AGAIN, PART 2



THE DEAD LIVE AGAIN, PART 3




No comments:

Post a Comment