Sunday, November 12, 2017

Listen! Did you see that?!?

Oh...I can't do it this week. We're working even more hours and I just don't have the time or energy.

But...I have to put something here to keep my promise to myself....

I ditched cable a few years back. Between Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and various other apps and Roku channels I'm covered for most anything I actually want to keep up with. For all other times when I just need the TV on for background noise, I can usually pick up some over-the-air station that shows old programs.

One thing that really stands out about them is - they have theme songs. An actual minute or longer piece of music that plays during the opening credits. Nowadays, a short musical 'sting' is about all we get.

So this week, here's a couple of my favorite TV themes in no particular order courtesy of the fine users of YouTube:



The Wild Wild West


Sandford and Son


Kolchak: The Night Stalker


The Rockford Files


S.W.A.T.

Wonder Woman


The Six Million Dollar Man


Yes, I know there are a lot more great ones. Feel free to castigate me for the ones I missed and I can include them the next time I'm too beat to post anything (probably next week the way things are going).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment